5 Most Popular Natural Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
If you’ve ever experienced a urinary tract infection (UTI) you know how torturous it can be. But did you know that there are natural remedies that could provide a little relief? Here are five of the most popular natural remedies for UTIs.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is a powerful weapon when it comes to combating UTIs. This fruity drink contains compounds that stop bacteria from attaching to the walls of the urinary tract. The best way to take advantage of this remedy is to drink unsweetened cranberry juice or to take cranberry supplements.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are helpful bacteria that can keep the urinary tract healthy. Eating probiotic-rich foods like yogurt, or taking probiotic supplements can help reduce the risk of UTIs.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This sour and tangy liquid is great for UTIs as it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to combat bad bacteria. The best way to use it is to mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drink it twice a day.
- D-Mannose: This natural sugar will help flush out bacteria from the urinary tract, reducing the risk of UTIs. Taking it in supplement form is the easiest way to reap the benefits.
- Water: Staying hydrated is the best way to prevent UTIs so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will help to flush out any bacteria from the urinary tract.
These natural remedies can help reduce the risk of UTIs and provide some relief from the symptoms. Although they can be beneficial, if you are still feeling the effects of your UTI, make sure to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment.